SmartEnCity Network presents first webinar on Dec 16th: Strategic Energy Planning in countries and cities16 Dec 2016
Today many cities are lowering their carbon emissions. This is by adding more renewable energy, improving energy efficiency and saving energy. Many cities are in the early stages of this transition. This webinar presents an approach that cities can use in their transition to becoming a smart low carbon city. A case example from Denmark is used to illustrate some of the action that is happening in this area and share specific experiences from that country.
Missed the webinar?
Click here to find the presentation about Strategic Energy Planning in countries and cities or watch the recorded webinar:
In the webinar the participants learn
- About some of the main risks that exist for cities and countries when trying to be-come low carbon
- About Strategic Energy Planning and how this tool can be used to help frame city goals and initiatives and lead to better outcomes
- What Denmark is doing with Strategic Energy Planning in its ambition to achieve low carbon cities and regions
- Brian Vad Mathiesen is a leading engineer at Aalborg University in Denmark. He has over 10 years’ experience in renewable energy analysis and planning.
- David Drysdale is doing a PhD at Aalborg University in Denmark and he is focused on how cities can become low carbo
Date: December 16th, 2016
Time: 10:00 to 11:00 CET