Last General Assembly of SmartEnCity Project Partners - Getting ready for the final steps16 Mar 2022
On 16 March, SmartEnCity Project Partners met online for the last time to discuss final outcomes and last tasks to complete before the project is ending in July 2022. Almost even busy years of SmartEnCity activities are almost over, most interventions are done, and implementations completed. During this final meeting, the Lighthouse Cities Vitoria-Gasteiz, Tartu and Sonderborg were giving an overview on the smart city solutions implemented in their cities.
What is left to do?
Monitoring and evaluation! What does the consumption data tell? What are the total savings in CO2 and in money? The respective Workpackage of the project has gathered and analysed data over the last two years which now lead into hard figures for evaluation.
Only with these figures, which will be available towards the very end of the project, one can decide which solution is contributing best towards the ambitious goal to become climate neutral.
Find all city solutions on SmartEnCity website: City Solutions / SmartEnCity.eu
How to share these important outcomes?
The SmartEncity Final Publication is documenting impressively best and worst practices of the Lighthouse Cities, the approaches of Follower Cities Asenovgrad and Lecce, the methodology applied, and the key elements for success. It can therefore be regarded as a “travel guide” for cities to start the smart zero carbon emission journey.
The Final Publication can be found under Final Publication / SmartEnCity.eu
All results will feed into the concluding outcome of SmartEnCity project, the SmartEnCity Toolkit for Replication (SmartEnKit), which will be available online on SmartEnCity website under “Outcomes”: outcomes / SmartEnCity.eu
The full wealth of experiences and results will be shared on the upcoming SmartEnCity Final Conference, which is taking place on site in Lighthouse City Vitoria-Gasteiz on 14 – 15 June 2022.
SmartEnCity project partners, together with sister projects, related initiatives and political representatives from cities and municipalities have organised two days packed with information and networking opportunities.
The Smart Cities Marketplace is involved in the programme as expert in the replication and SmartEnCity Network sessions and will be giving advice on financial issues during various matchmaking activities.
Content of the Final Conference:
- Insights in the political framework explained by representatives of the European Commission and high-level representatives of Smart Cities and Communities.
- Introduction of the City4Zero Methodology for a successful journey towards your city transition.
- Presentation of the smart solutions of our Lighthouse Cities Vitoria-Gasteiz (Spain), Tartu (Estonia) and Sonderborg (Denmark).
- Explanation of the replication approach of our Follower Cities Lecce (Italy) and Asenovgrad (Bulgaria).
- Findings of the monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Discovering the SmartEnKit, your Toolbox for a successful replication.
- Becoming part of the SmartEnCity Network and benefit from the direct knowledge exchange with experts and the Smart Cities community.
- Smart Cities Marketplace Matchmaking break on 14 June, the call for project proposals will be open for the whole event week. Submit a proposal and be matched with a Marketplace matchmaker or an investor.
Find all information including draft agenda and link for registration under Single / SmartEnCity.eu
SmartEnCity receives funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation programme.
Call identifier: H2020-SCC-2015
Topic: SCC-01-2015 Smart Cities and Communities solutions integrating energy, transport, ICT sectors through lighthouse (large scale demonstration – first of the kind) projects
Grant Agreement Number:
78 months (February 2016 – July 2022)
Fundación TECNALIA Research & Innovation
38 partners from 6 countries (Bulgaria, Denmark, Estonia, Germany, Italy, Spain)
Project Coordinator Contact:
Steinbeis Europa Zentrum
Download Press Release here.