SmartEnCity Network Webinar 1: Strategic Energy Planning in countries and cities
Today many cities are lowering their carbon emissions. This is by adding more renewable energy, improving energy efficiency and saving energy. Many cities are in the early stages of this transition. This webinar presents an approach that cities can use in their transition to becoming a smart low carbon city. A case example from Denmark is used to illustrate some of the action that is happening in this area and share specific experiences from that country.
In the webinar the participant will learn
- About some of the main risks that exist for cities and countries when trying to become low carbon
- About Strategic Energy Planning and how this tool can be used to help frame city goals and initiatives and lead to better outcomes
- What Denmark is doing with Strategic Energy Planning in its ambition to achieve low carbon cities and regions
Brian Vad Mathiesen is a leading engineer at Aalborg University in Denmark. He has over 10 years’ experience in renewable energy analysis and planning.
David Drysdale is doing a PhD at Aalborg University in Denmark and he is focused on how cities can become low carbon.
Participation is free of charge. Registration is possible until 15. December 2016.
The SmartEnCity Network
We invite ambitious small and medium sized cities, across Europe to join the SmartEnCity Network. We invite cities that aim for a low carbon transition, smart integrated solutions and economic growth – driven by citizen engagement, city council support and actions.
The SmartEnCity Network offers your city:
- Free webinars
- Network workshops
- Visits to best practice Network cities
- A platform to benchmark your challenges, ideas, solutions …
- A platform to prepare your next EU H2020 SmartCity application
Share your experience, work and learn from the best practice cities across Europe.
Sign up for a free membership at our website and become a Smart Zero Carbon City frontrunner: http://smartencity.eu/network